PREPARING IMAGES FOR YOUR WEBSITE
In this module, we’ll be looking at how to prepare your image files correctly for web usage. Doing this correctly is crucial when it comes to site performance. A site that loads slowly due to image files being too large, can affect how Google ranks your website. Naming your files correctly is equally important when it comes to Search Engine Optimization.
- Always resize your images to the lowest minimum dimensions
- Use compression tools like Jpegmini or TinyPNG to reduce file size
- Name your images with keywords and underscores to enhance your SEO results
- Make sure you add image titles and alt tags to your images
- Use a built-in Divi gallery option or a custom gallery plugin